- YES! I started driving again in May of 2011!! I still have my right leg, so I am able to drive just like anyone else. I have an automatic car, so that makes things really easy!! I drive ALL OVER the place!
When is my next check-up?
- I must have scans every three months. My next appointment is at the end of October here locally.
What is the status of my prosthetic leg?
- I've lost 15 pounds of the 26 that I wanted to lose. That means I only have 11 more to go! I have an appointment on October 11, 2011 to meet with my prosthetic Dr. The VP of Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics wants to perform my casting and build my socket. This is a HUGE answer from the Lord and another example of how well He provides :)
What CAN'T I do?
- Well, to be honest I haven't found much that I absolutely CAN'T do! Praise the Lord for that! There are somethings that I have decided that I probably should not do, like wearing high heels! It's just a tad bit difficult - Not impossible, for nothing is impossible with God - to hop on one foot in a high heel. Not to mention the fact that I don't really want to end up with a sprained ankle or worse!!! I gained great perspective on the matter of what is possible from Bethany Hamilton's story. After her shark attack, a Dr. told her in the hospital "The things that you're going to have to learn to do differently is extensive. But the good news. Those things that you're not going to be able to do is small." Again, there is nothing impossible with God. I can do all things through Christ.
- Being a Mother to my amazing 11 year-old son
- Studying God's word & trying my best to grow closer to Him & identify with Christ
- Taking care of my home
- Going to school for my BAS
- Going to the gym 6 days a week
- Generally just enjoying every second, minute, hour, day, week & month that the Lord GIFTS me
- Yes, unfortunately. It is a struggle to get out of bed and get going every day of my life. But I don't like to complain and don't let that stop me from living the life God has gifted me with
- Shands Cancer Hospital in Gainesville, Fl
- Sacred Heart on The Emerald Coast in Miramar Beach, FL
- I used a walker from March 2010-July 2011. In July of 2011 I started using arm crutches which I absolutely LOVE! I'm really excited and looking forward to the day though when I can walk arms/hands free! Hopefully that will be in November!
- They actually cremated it. This was a hard thing for a lot of us to swallow. I just have to remember that I choose life over my leg and it makes it a lot easier to deal with the fact that I only have one.
******Let me know if you have a question. I am very open, obviously, and will gladly answer them here!