For someone that keeps having to GET blood this was just no good at all and so they had to call in my OBGYN - the best ever, Dr. Hood - to see what the next step was. We needed to STOP the bleeding so we could move on with treating the MDS, etc. She immediately offered to do a uterine ablation to stop the bleeding. See, platelets clot blood. If you are very low on platelets then your blood just doesn't clot. So that was the issue. My cycle had gotten steadily worse over the past few months in terms of flow, but this is the first time it went as long and I was passing the large clots. I was just getting weaker, and weaker!
They went ahead and scheduled to do this yesterday morning, the 10th, and kept me in the hospital again over night to keep me on bed rest. Today I am spotting lightly. I ran a fever last night, but the Dr. has come in here and spoken with me and he now feels comfortable with me going home. I am very glad to head back to my comfy home. I didn't sleep much last night, but between the hours of 4am-9am I slept a bit.
My verse, the one that I just have to hold onto and KEEP repeating to myself is Psalm 61:2 "From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
I have sure been overwhelmed, but I know that God has me in his hand. I know he is solving these issues one by one in His timing not in mine. Which is the aggravating thing, cause I'm sure not so patient. You would think after three years of all of this i would have learned some... not so much! LOL
The good things about being in here right now:
- My sister is in town right now and although this surely isn't the vacation we had planned she is a major blessing when I need her
- I've had my favorite and best nurse during the day time the last two days, but truly, all of the nurses here rock and their level of service is so high.
- Going home is exciting even IF we aren't gonna do much! Just being home is GREEEAAT!
- Tomorrow is mother's day and maybe I can go to church? It would be nice to go to at least one service.
- There are so many people that love me. I don't know why. Lord know's I'm a pain, but I am thankful so much for the blanket of love he spreads around me!
- I'm still very thankful that this has not developed any further.
- I'm also thankful that there is a lot of fruit and stuff in my fridge so I can juice when I get home! I've been crazing stuff to drink more than eat, so I'm glad I have that to look forward to!
So right now I am going to get a bolus of some fluid to hydrate me real good, premeds (steriods & tylenol) and then the platelets then I can dressed and go home! In a about an hour or two at the most, I hope.
I'm hoping to rent a good movie tonight and celebrate Mother's Day early. Call all my Mom's and tell them I love them. Julie, Arlene, Angel, Gma, Bev, Mrs. Shirley! I love you all so much!!
Signing out for today and now we are ALL caught up! (as much as my memory can remember!LOL)
Love you all and thanks again and again for the many prayers!