Friday, March 30, 2012

It Doesn't Matter

This is something that I wrote in the wee hours of the morning. There is a lot of back story as to what led me to write this NOW, which I may share one day, but I think that any one that has followed my blog the past couple of years will understand :) I hope you like it!


It Doesn’t Matter

It doesn’t matter that this is not what I had planned because this is what You have planned for me…

It doesn’t matter that I’ve been broken into shards because I’m picking up the pieces and giving every one of them to You…

The disappointments, all the hurt and all the pain no longer matters because You’ve let Your love and grace rain down and wash me clean once again…

It doesn’t matter where I’ve been it only matters that I will follow…
It doesn’t matter what it takes to get me to open my eyes and see the truth, to see Your light, to feel You here right by my side…

It doesn’t matter what it takes I’ll go through it all again just to feel You near, to know Your love never fails and You’ll never let me go…

And as You permeate my soul it doesn’t matter what You had to take away…

Because now Your beauty is everything I see, the gift You have given to me is far beyond anything I could have hoped for…

So Lord, take it all, all of me, all the broken pieces you see and make me holy…

Aside from you, my Lord, my God, it doesn’t matter…

I trust you, Lord
I love you, Lord
Lead me, Lord

Copyright: Jillian Arnould 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment